Denmark is a land of old kings and ancient traditions dating back to the early Vikings, who ruled the lands long ago. Here one will find a diverse culture settled deep within Nordic customs. Prospective students will also find advanced universities and student life unique to their own. Danish students flourish in their studies and attend many festivals and social events to celebrate their way of life.
1. Top-Rated Universities: The University of Copenhagen is ranked high amongst its fellow schools in Denmark. It boasts a high international student exchange rate with a myriad of courses from which you can choose. It’s also one of the largest centers for research and education in the Nordic countries.
The University of Southern Denmark also offers competitive study abroad programs for international students. Its application process is simple and it provides accommodation ideas for students moving to Denmark from abroad. The university enjoys welcoming exchange students and offers a number of courses in English.
2. Scholarships & Grants: The University of Copenhagen offers government scholarships for those traveling from China, Egypt, Israel, Japan, and Russia. It also offers other scholarships based on studies and origins. Many universities will offer scholarships, grants, and/or financial aid to help fund your education, though not all scholarships are available to international students. However, there are other ways to get scholarships which are unique to you and your goals.
3. Unique Social Life & Traditions: Students in Denmark are involved in more social interactions surrounding their studies. At the beginning of the year, students are placed into study groups which meet weekly to discuss readings and class work.
4. Housing & Living Costs: If your university at home is partnered with Denmark already, then you will only pay your school’s tuition. If you are not coming from a partner school, then you will pay Denmark’s tuition.
5. Happiest Country in the World: Denmark was voted the happiest country in the world in April 2016, via the World Happiness Report. To rank the 156 surveyed countries, a team from the University of British Columbia looked at what the “countries have in common: a large GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy at birth, and a lack of corruption in leadership.
When a student thinks of studying abroad different steps should be faced within the duration provided. Let’s take a look at the following steps for your understanding what is coming after…
Step 1: Attend a Counselling Session
Attend a counselling session at Benchmark to find out your options relating to study destination, courses available and recommended institutions.
Step 2: Register with Benchmark
Register with Benchmark to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier.
Step 3: Apply for admission
Once you have decided what and where you want to study, we will help you complete the application to the institutions of your choice. At the time of application for admission you will be required to submit several documents including proof of previous academic qualifications and in most cases proof of your English language ability. We will also provide you with a checklist for the documents you will need to provide when the time comes to apply for your visa.
Step 4: Pay the Tuition Fee
To accept the Confirmation of Enrollment from an education provider, you must pay the tuition fee. Most institutions require you to pay the first semester fee only. You can choose to pay this fee through either Bank Transfer or Credit Card. Benchmark can help you arrange either of these payment methods.
Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue an Confirmation of Enrollment. Once we have received this, we will notify you that it is now time to come back with your required documents and start the visa application process.
Step 5: Visa Lodgement
To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provided you before. Just like your admission application, Benchmark will keep you updated as to the progress of your application and take the hard work out of tracking your application by keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.
Step 6: Visa Outcome
We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your passport. In most cases this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and accommodation for your prepared destination!
Step 7: Travel Assistance
At Benchmark we can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in the prepared country. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!
Once you have decided what and where you want to study, we will provide you the checklist required to get admitted at the university you choose. Here is the list of documents to start the admission process..
☑ Scan copy the passport
☑ All academic documents
☑ Reference Letter
☑ Job Certificate / Studentship Letter
☑ IELTS Band Score min 6.0
☑ Updated CV